View Single Post

Old 02-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
From my understandings, the article is pretty accurate. There is one thing, though, that is not mentioned. The high school denied access to Relay for Life this year because they were doing some track work. So, not having the Relay for Life at the high school truly had nothing to do with Moffitt or the Morses. At least they're innocent on that front.

That the Polo Fields wasn't offered, however, truly stunned me. That there was the demand for 50% of the proceeds sickened me. That Moffitt itself seemed to have little knowledge of the extortion-like tactics surprised me. It should be interesting to see what develops with "talks" between Morse and Moffitt. Something tells me that Moffitt doesn't want to be tarred with this brush at all.

I have noticed that events for Savannah no longer seem to have words to the effect that part of the proceeds will go to Moffitt. Makes me wonder if that is no longer happening or if it's just happening but we're not being told.
I am not too sure the Developer doesn't hold some influence over decisions made by the charter school.