View Single Post

Old 02-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
My neighbor yells anti-anything but Republican epitaphs at FOX News as he uses his treadmill, but is about the best neighbor you'll find. The developer has deep pockets in his conservatism, but he's put together the very best retirement community on earth. I do get a little embarrassed when my friends see on the national news that "flash-in-the-pan" political leader wannabes are hawking their wares at Sumter Landing. It's a little hard to explain the public one-sidedness. We have a couple of handfuls of know-it-all, LOUD conservatives, waiting on the attack, but are pretty well contained in the Political Forum at TOTV. When they do wander out into the general population they are pretty civil and many are quite like-able. Come on down and become one of our silent majority. Reasonably minded Liberals, Moderates and Independents are building a significant power-base.

Xavier
Well said! I think we need all opinions in a democracy....