View Single Post

Old 02-07-2011, 11:21 AM

Good morning friends in The Villages.

Here I sit in my lovely home that is on the market, hopefully it sells quickly so I can join you in The Villages. Here comes another Californian.

Redwitch I love your posts. You show compassion, understanding, tolerance and non judgment in your posts and I thank you.

In Jan I turned 60 and for some reason I experienced much reflection of my life and the lives of those I have encountered currently and from the past. This past year has been a difficult year for our family. My little grandson was born prematurely, had a hole in his heart, spent the first six weeks of his life in ICU, had his first open heart surgery at four weeks of age. When the little guy was eight months old he had his second open heart to repair the hole in his heart. Needless to say it has been a heck of a year. My ex husband who is Muslim, leftists, arrogant, chauvinist, opinionated and just darn different was in the picture during our grandsons surgical procedures. Obviously not my favorite person on this earth. However, he has his good points, hard worker, tax payer, loves his child and grandson.

There were times that my ex shared his political views, I knew that he was feeling scared and insecure about his grandson being hospitalized, talking politics was easy for him to feel empowered in a situation that he had no power. What I do when I encounter difficult people who are intolerant, bitter, angry, controllers or just miserable humans. I thank my lucky stars that I'm not them and hopefully I can use them as an example of what I don't want to be. I'm not perfect either folks.

They say as we grow older the road becomes more narrow. It's my opinion the road broadens, I have been given so many choices and an abundant life. I want to think outside the box, I want to feel and experience this marvelous life on earth.

With our decision to move to Florida, many people have been negative about our move. I find their judgment entertaining and comical. Im just amazed by their negativity and their need to place their value of life on me. I simply ignore their opinions and roll my eyes sometimes internally and externally. I'm so excited about my broad highway of life. I'm looking forward to playing golf, dancing in the squares with abandon, water volleyball and making new friends in The Villages.

I'm off this morning to watch my little grandson in his music class. I'm going to be a one year old too.