View Single Post

Old 02-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Veteran member

Environment....the people we grow up with is where we learn or manners or lack there-of. There "might" be an attitude also of entitlement...or a "me first" mentality and "I don't want you to get more than me!" I believe it has to do with the character of a person. Kindness is the opposite and if you have it, it will flow out of you.
Just my opinion!!!
As someone else stated here...my mother also used to tell us kids that our "negative" behaviors will just grow worse with age so be aware of that and nip it in the bud now while you're young and "CULTIVATE" a better attitude or behavior!! It is so true. For instance I see in the elderly sometimes "outspokedness"...and some of that comes from NOT having a "filture" (another person whose close) who might put their hand out and say "that isn't appropriate". I see grown people who may not quite be elderly expressing themselves in ways that to me is totally embarrassing....profanity, gestures, abruptness and worse. It really reminds me of toddlers in a nursery except maybe they don't yet know how to swear but hitting and screaming and plopping on the floor would be a reflection of this. Adults that react in this manner are just doing what was modeled to them.