Thread: back surgery
View Single Post

Old 02-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Veteran member

there is a neurosurgeon in TV by the name of Dr. Spurrier. He will have a seminar re: his practice about once every 90 days or so (free) and just had one a couple of weeks ago. His surgery is non-evasive AND he isn't "knife happy". He seems "conservative" in his approach...telling the patient after viewing the MRI whether or not they're a candidate or not. He lists other approaches of treatment first should be pursued. Physical therapy, Chiropractic, medication, acupuncture and maybe one other before surgery and also depending on the nature of the problem. I've heard "mixes" things too about the laser thing and guess from what I've heard would NOT go that route....especially with the fact that insurance doesn't cover it. I've talked to a couple of people who've been patients of Dr. Spurrier and they were happy with his treatment. So I guess I'd give him my business if I had the need.

I see that I entered this post back in February...it was a handful of months later that I had emergency surgery. You'll see my later post further down on this thread!!!

Last edited by JenAjd; 11-15-2011 at 08:56 AM.