View Single Post

Old 02-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Frankly, if most of the residents of TV are conservatives I believe I would be welcome there and find it a pleasant place to live out my life.
Regardless of the relatively short period of time I've been here in TV, I've gotten the opinion that you are correct in what you've stated. There has been not a wisper of politics, right or left leaning, out of anyone that I've personally met or encountered to this point, and would not be surprised if it rarely occured in the future.

However, I disappointingly cannot say the same when it comes to TOTV. Sadly, in just this thread alone, offensive words have been used against conservitism like... unbalanced, fools, right-wing nut jobs and right-wing nonsense when the posters of these words apparantly do not agree with the expressed views or opinions of others, or of any entity whose views differ from their own. At the same time I'm glad that I've yet to heard those kinds of descriptive terms applied to Liberals and hope I don't. We don't need that kind of disrespectful talk if we're here to learn, share information and/or just plain have fun.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"