View Single Post

Old 02-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I LOVE the Black-Eyed Peas, with or without Fergie. That being said, it was one of the most boring Super Bowl half-time shows I've ever watched. I've seen this act on several programs in the past year. I couldn't believe they couldn't come up with somethng new for the Super Bowl. Slash is a great guitarist, but you could barely hear him. Usher was indecipherable, which is rather strange because the man can sing and does enunciate. To say the the sound system was working poorly would be a gross understatement and, on top of that, the cameras were really targeting the wrong thing. It would have been much better with less close-up shots and more of a view as if we were actually in seats.

So, from someone who is a fan of all three of the main performers, I totally agree with you -- it was a boring show that was poorly done. It time for the Super Bowl to get over Jackson/Timberlake fiasco and start getting name acts and letting them do their stuff the way it is meant to be done. (As much as I LOVE Springsteen and really, really like Petty, they are getting a bit long in the tooth for a Super Bowl.)

But the commercials were GREAT!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein