View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
..............(Fortunately, the same people posting in that forum are usually some of the nicest people you'll get to meet in real life.)
red, I believe you've hit on something there. Makes me think of a friend of mine. I've known him for probably 35 years, dating back to when we used to work at the same place. Face-to-face - nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. But in any type of 'written' format, he comes across as almost schizophrenic. Most of the time, you'll see his great sense of humor in his writings. But other times, he expresses himself in ways that really make you wonder - extremely pushy with his views on things (particularly politics), outspoken to the point of being very rude and demeaning, and so forth. At the risk of upsetting the apple cart between us as friends, I ended up resorting to telling him - as politely as possible - that I preferred not to have any of those things pointed my way in the future, that it just wasn't my cup of tea. No problems- he understood. I think it's just the way some people are........and that's fine. For some, it's easier to write things than it is to express them face-to-face.

Bill