View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

I went to some of the "Live South" realty shows to see what might be offered.

There were some very nice places in Tennessee on beautiful grounds but too far in the sticks for us. We looked at some of the Ginn communities but glad we passed since they have gone belly-up. We looked at Celebration but the entire area was too congested. We looked at Winding River Plantation in North Carolina but the highway by it was bumper-to-bumper traffic all year.

A large part of not selecting the above places was the fear of them going bankrupt - as Ginn did. The VIllages had a great reputation and was fiscally sound.

My sister in Windemere told us of The Villages and we did the LifeStyle preview, went home for 2 years, came back to Florida in 2009 to buy or decide to stay in Maryland. We bought in The Villages, moved here Oct 1 of 2009, and just love being here.

An evil smile came over my face today when I looked at the weather map in the Daily Sun (Happy Times Gazette). It is the same smile I do when I look at the traffic cameras on-line for the Washington DC area where I used to commute.