View Single Post

Old 02-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Sent a polite e-mail to the VCDD asking for some feedback. Will post what I get in reply.

Bill
I know this is redundant info but I decided to post it anyway..........in support of the fact that the VCDD, at least Eva Rey in this specific instance, is responsive to our questions:

"Bill:

Thank you for your e-mail submitted via the Districts’ website and the opportunity to answer your questions.

Pieces of the cement tunnel wall have begun to break away and fall onto the path. We are currently working with the engineers and the testing company to determine what the problem is with the tunnel and what it will take to resolve the issue. They will be taking core samples tomorrow. We should receive the results of the core sample testing in approximately 3 weeks. As I am sure you can understand, the safety of Village residents is paramount to District management and closing the tunnel is necessary to ensure everyone’s safety.

Please continue to monitor our website and local media for any new information available on this issue.

Sincerely,

Eva M. Rey, MPA
Director of Purchasing and Support Services
Village Community Development Districts
1894 Laurel Manor Drive
The Villages, FL 32162
Phone (352) 751-6700
Fax (352) 751-6715
eva.rey@districtgov.org
"Hospitality, Stewardship, Innovation & Creativity, Hard Work"

Note: Under Florida Law, email communications are public records. If you do not want your email address or email contents released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic email to this entity.
"

Bill