View Single Post

Old 02-09-2011, 09:09 PM

The way I understand it, this is private property and not part of The Villages or our amenities. Yes, a couple years ago, they got rid of all the locals and put the Polo in the hands of a professional management company to make money. The management did not do well. I could write a book on what really happened. The Morse family did not do right by many people. But that is another whole story. ( No, I will not debate this statement...too complicated, people lost their jobs, promises were broken) So now they have moved a great guy and professional Polo player into managing their Polo seasons. He is doing a great job and numbers are back up.
I seriously doubt if they would ever build on the Polo fields as these fields are very expensive to build and many family members and friends enjoy playing Polo. Plus they are part of the family compound with beautiful ranches, beautiful homes and 4 more practice Polo fields.
So folks, that's my understanding and back to basketball. Gotta watch Duke and UNC.