View Single Post

Old 02-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Sage

Hi Richard,
Welcome my fellow Georgian to TOTV! I agree with Bill completely. If you can only get away for three days, it's worth coming down for a visit.

If LSV's are still available for that short a time frame, it would be ideal to sign up for one since it includes some freebies. Here are some other suggestions.

• Download a copy of The Recreation News before you come to get an idea of the events, clubs and activities available. They come out every Thursday, so pick up a copy of the current issue when you come down.
  • Order the $5 Villages map before you come to help you orient. You can order it from here.
  • Take the free Trolley Tour that starts from the Lake Sumter Sales office. You'll get a good "big picture" overview.
  • Be sure to visit both town squares. Go to at least one of them between 5-9 p.m. when there is live entertainment.
  • Check out a few of the Regional and Neighborhood Recreation Centers. They all have similar amenities, but each has it's own themed decor and charm.
  • I don't think I would look at houses to purchase the first time on such a short trip. Too much to see. However, do drive around and look at neighborhoods both north and south of Highway 466. The older neighborhoods are north. Landscaping is more mature and many of the homes are further apart. The south side features newer homes. Be sure to visit areas around St. James, St. Charles, etc. where the newest homes are being built.
  • Drink the ... oh nevermind. Have a great time.
If you have more questions in the meantime, just ask us on TOTV. And please keep us posted about your trip!
Pturner