View Single Post

Old 02-10-2011, 12:28 PM
n/a

Default Need For Discourse On Political Correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
...we need to embrace the reality of this changing world and effectively deal with it. I am afraid my friends on the left keeping tipping over their PC and get past it. But then that is my opinion and I could be wrong.
No, I don't think you're wrong. But I'm not sure that those that might resist such discourse are either left or right. But one thing is for sure...the ACLU would almost certainly vocally and legally resist any such discussion.

By the way, it was a pleasure to go to a class at The Villages College of Lifelong Learning last night and see an American flag prominently displayed in the front of the classroom. Being a private charter school we can do that here. But in the interest of political correctness, our national flag is not required to be displayed in public school classrooms in the U.S--outside and near the school, yes, but not necessarily inside each classroom. In many classrooms it is not. And in fact, there have been examples in the West where the Mexican flag was displayed with equal prominence with the Stars and Stripes in public school classrooms.

Only 36 of the states require that the Pledge of Allegiance be recited by public school students each day. And among many of those states, Florida included, the law specifically provides that reciting the Pledge is optional and any student can refuse to participate.

It's no wonder our culture, our society, our country are showing such cracks in our foundation.