View Single Post

Old 02-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Default Follow the Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Maybe not chosen to let the misunderstanding fester, Maybe not aware of the big fuss. I wouldn't have been if I hadn't read this forum.

He has to be proud of his efforts. In seven years, the relay for life that he founded has collected over two million dollars for the National American Cancer Association.

It was lousy that the Relay for Life was cancelled, and someone should have known that it would cause a big stink, but there are always two sides to every story.

We can roar and we can shout and we can get mad but....Keep in mind it isn't cancer. It is a fund raiser. At the end of the day, when the money is raised for Moffitt, it will come back to The Villages site. AND don't tell me it won't. Even the American Cancer Society isn't too proud to turn their back on all that money.

It's business.
Why mislead us in order to get donations?
Why the media blitz to convince us that our donations were necessary in order for the Moffitt affiliate to open in TV?
Why are donations for the Moffitt Cancer Center at The Villages made out to The Village Health System?
Be assured the money will come back to TV because it never left, you just won't know how it will be spent.
I for one do not expect other charities to have to pay for the privilege to hold much-needed fundraisers in TV.