Thread: Lanai's & Rain
View Single Post

Old 02-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbevan View Post
We are not planning at this point in time on enclosing our lanai, however, with the recent rain I have been wondering - is there anything you can do to keep the rain or most of it out? I saw an add in the paper from Insulco (I think) about Sunbrella enclosures - do they lessen the effects of rain? Can you see through them? Is there any shade, curtain etc. that you have used for this purpose? I hope to be able to sit out when it is raining, but . . . maybe not.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Thank you,
Debbie
We put up with the constant cleaning in our screened lanai for several years after we bought our home. I don't know what is in the air here but we were always cleaning black dirt off the lanai and its contents.....we could not keep up with it, even when it didn't rain. In a driving rain you might as well forget about having a clean lanai. We ended up putting in acrylic windows and it was the best money we have spent in the 12 1/2 years we have lived here. When we want the feel of a screened lanai we just slide the windows open. When rain threatens we can close it out in a flash. By adding windows to your lanai you will have a room that you can use more and clean less!

Last edited by VillagesFlorida; 02-10-2011 at 09:26 PM.