Thread: Lanai's & Rain
View Single Post

Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
I see there are yet other considerations that need more exploring. It occurred to me that if the house is hotter inside than out (as possibly in Nov) then we would have to watch for fogging windows I would think. Maybe acrylic wouldn't fog as much as glass. I expect also that use in the summer would be impossible as a sleeping area because of the heat. Think this needs some rethinking! Thanks for giving me more to consider.

LW888
Yes, LW888, unless you install air in your lanai you will find it just about unbearable in the summer. The high humidity most days will keep you from enjoying that space. If I had to do it all over again I would have just made the lanai an extension of the Florida room, which was originally the lanai, and had a larger, more enjoyable room under heat and air. I don't know if one can customize the floor plans of the courtyard villas anymore but, back in '98 we could have done it that way. Knowing nothing about the seasons here we thought that we would spend those "balmy summer days" sitting in our lanai watching the golfers! Boy, were we surprised! Unheated and not airconditioned, we only use our lanai in the spring and fall.