View Single Post

Old 02-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
Once again, Lauren Ritchie is attacked for reporting news that that our alleged local newspaper, The Daily Sun, either does not report, distorts, or buries on a back page. One may disagree with Ms. Ritchie's tone and/or her interpretation of the facts, but where are the factual inaccuracies?

I find the allegations that the Orlando Sentinel is doing its reporting on The Villages to increase circulation to be particularly absurd. How many additional subscribers do you really think the Sentinel has gotten as a result of Ms. Ritchie's articles? In fact, what the Orlando Sentinel is doing with its articles on The Villages is is what real newspapers are supposed to do-- report the facts of stories that are of importance to their readers.
I think if you read many of the recent posts - we are not attacking the messenger, nor praising the Daily Scum - er Sun. BUT had I written any articles in my high school Journalism class, I would have failed as the teacher would refer to what she writes as "yellow journalism."

A few examples from her article... "stunning snag" "there should be ranting about the Morse family, their hired henchmen" (hired henchmen???)

PS - If her reporting is not to increase circulation, then why publish what she writes?