View Single Post

Old 02-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
No, I am glad I bought my house - you can still enjoy living here without agreeing with the developer's way of doing things. I think it is important for people who think we are "Morse-bashing" to understand living here and agreeing with him are not related in any way. I bought this lifestyle but it doesn't mean I have to agree or support whatever he wants. I will say I have been disappointed when it fully hit me how strong the leash is and how some people seem practically devoted to him. Sorry, I just don't get it!
Fair and reasonable. I don't know that people are devoted to the Morses. A good many people respect them for all they have accomplished. No one knows what they are like personally because they don't "walk among us". and I wouldn't either if I were them, it isn't easy or possible to please everyone.

This is NOT a democracy, it is a different form of government and people need to understand that amenities and restrictions aren't going to be changed and you have no vote in it. The paper is Republican (and the majority of people living here are too)

The Morses have my respect for arranging and building this very well run place. It is impossible to please everyone all of the time, but I think most people most of the time are pleased.

If you are considering moving here it is wise to know that you can't do a lot of things, i.e. park your boat or RV in the drive or even wash your car there. You can't put up "stuff" out in your yard without approval, and you can't do this and that.

But you can still do all of the wonderful things that the Morses have thought out and arranged.

I think we can give them that.

No place is perfect. This place is close.