View Single Post

Old 02-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Reply from County Government

As promised, here is the reply I received from the County Commissioners office, concerning the tunnel closure and any sort of temporary detour:
Mr. Mason,
Thank you for your input. The CDD is responsible for the tunnel and any detours when their multimodal trail is out of service. I have a meeting with Mrs. Tutt on Wednesday of next week to see what their detour plans are, their time frame for the tunnel to be out of service, and what request they may have of the BOCC for assistance. Until these questions are answered by the CDD, the BOCC does not have a staff recommendation for action at their 2/22/11 BOCC meeting. By statute approval to cross or access a county road by a golf cart requires action by the BOCC.
It seems that Janet Tutt holds the keys to any action by the BOCC, which would allow [or disallow] any sort of detour. Perhaps an email campaign to Mrs. Tutt is in order .... I will forward this email to Mrs. Tutt and ask if she is preparing any sort of request of the BOCC at their upcoming meeting...

Cheers.... Mike