View Single Post

Old 02-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom60 View Post
I know this has been hashed over and over but for one last time where would you go to get a perfect oil change. A place where they would not overfill. A place that just charges a fair price and a place that wont try to sell you a bunch of stuff you dont realy need. We need to build a good guys list . One of my main dislikes is when i go somewhere and the next day i check my oil after the car sits all nite and the level is a quarter inch or more above the full mark. Even when i tell them how much it takes to fill it.They still put too much in. Any suggestions where to go?
Many "bargain" oil changes do NOT include a new filter. Why bother to pay for new, clean oil if you didn't get a new, clean filter? Most garages do not allow the vehicle owner to watch the work being done. In the old days it was easier to see the filter by just popping the hood, in some cases. Not so now in most newer vehicles. In our experience the ONLY way to know if you actually got a new filter is to do the change yourself or find a garage you really trust. Since Hubby is a fanatic when it comes to car maintenance he still does most oil changes himself. His cost is less than $20, filter included, and he KNOWS the job was done correctly. He disposes of used oil at Wal-mart.