View Single Post

Old 02-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Default oldtimecop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
As a retiring life-long democrat, I got worried on my recent visit to the Villages. In some of the literature, I noticed Limbaugh, Hannity, GW Bush and Rove pictured and/or mentioned. I saw nothing of Obama, Kennedy, Reid or Pelosi. Is it a ridiculous notion for me to even consider retiring in the Villages. I love the place, but I may hate the politics. Conservatives and liberals alike please advise. Thanks!
Don't confuse Democrats with liberals or progressives. There are a lot of good sensible Democrats in the Villages.They, along with a great many other residents are very concerned with the direction that our present government is taking us. Maybe you didn't read the Thursday (any) edition of the Daily Sun ( our local paper). There is an insert entitled Recreation News. In there you will get a good idea of the diversity that exists here. Something for everyone including you. If you just want to look at people like yourself (in thought, word and deed) then I guess you might as well stay up north.