View Single Post

Old 02-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimecop View Post
Don't confuse Democrats with liberals or progressives. There are a lot of good sensible Democrats in the Villages.They, along with a great many other residents are very concerned with the direction that our present government is taking us.
Very well said OTC! Democrats, Liberals and Progressives are often thought of as one in-the-same whereas that is far from the truth.

I also agree that there are a lot of good sensible Democrats (with a few exceptions) not only in TV but all across our country. Additionally, their being a majority of residence leaning to either side of political beliefs, short of that majority being fringe or extreme, should not deter anyone from enjoying any community like TV that has so much for their residents to enjoy.

As a Republican I can say that I have several Democratic friends that I get along with very well and think very highly of. Well, at least until they start showing signs of being unduly influenced by progressive ideology and/or covertly subversive progressive activities... unless they are are just doing so just to bust my you know whats for fun. The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"