View Single Post

Old 02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think that the political climate here is not discussed as much as it should be because we are mostly polite and considerate and because politics aren't usually in a general conversation with people we just have met while we are playing golf or games or having dinner with new people.

Then people will move here and find that the newspaper has a definite political slant and it is Republican. I am used to that. I am from Ohio, but a lot of people are not used to that.

The developer does invite conservative Republicans here to speak and have book signings and Democrats aren't invited to do the same, ever.

If prospective buyers would know this before they buy, than perhaps we wouldn't have all this controversy and bitterness.

This small city is not governed by voting for a mayor or voting for anyone and we have no say as to how things are done. It is a (someone help me here) a CDD form of government. There are several in Florida. It works well as far as I am concerned and I don't care that I can't change things. I like how it is run and I have had my turn being on boards and steering committees.

I read the disdane and hatred on here and I think, how sad that they came here and bought and didn't know this.

Someone will tell it better than I just did.

A persons politics doesn't matter to me, but my politics might matter to them.