Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post

I certainly don't want the family to feel that I'm not pleased with such a lovely gift and I'm usually the computer guru but this iPad has me completely all thumbs. I've been so used to using AOL for all these many years and the transformation to the iPad is no easy task.

So, am asking anyone if y'all felt the same, or am I just not giving it a chance?
Lost in cyberspace.....b
Oh Barb, I can SO relate to your comments. When I first got my iPad I really didn't like it at all. I guess I'm a creature of habit. I wasn't used to the touch screens and it kept doing weird things if I tapped it my mistake.

Three months later I love my iPad. I call it Baby Paddy because I carry it everywhere. Recently my internet and phone stopped working. So I just took Baby Paddy out to breakfast at Bob Evans and used their Wifi. Neat. It is so portable! Unfortunately I've barely tapped the potential. I have downloaded lots of neat Apps, there is one I use to put me to sleep, a bedtime hypnosis one, it works like a charm. But I use my iPad mostly for research and reading ... everything from TOTV to books to People Magazine to watching Harry's Law!

There is a neat App, you just ask it a question (by talking to it), and up pops a choice of websites. And another App .. you just "talk" your e-mail message and it will print what you said. Not very accurately, but still, it's amazing.

I use my iPad for an hour or two most days. But I'm a fast typist and I need a "real" computer and keyboard. I still find the touch one awkward. I just bought a new Acer Laptop which I'm using right now. Basically, I consider Baby Paddy an expensive toy. But I love my iPad; money well spent.