View Single Post

Old 02-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Cool Choosing where to live by party?

From the beginning of this thread, I've thought the whole premise of choosing or ruling out a community to which one would move, based primarily on whether the majority party were or were not one's own, is absurd.

I mean really.....how many liberals moved to a foreign country because Bush got elected twice? Or how many conservatives moved out of New York because Hillary got elected as Senator? Or how many NYC voters moved out of NYC because they didn't like the fact that the mayor, Giuliani, was a Republican?

Or how many people have refused to move to Chicago because Richard M. Daley (D) has been mayor since 1989?

It seems more and more absurd as I think about it. Quality of life, crime rates, employment or income possibilities, CLIMATE, and many other factors would be at the top of the list of criteria for most people.

If the greatest risk you ever take is moving to TV while the majority of residents are conservatives, you have a pretty darn comfortable, untested existence. Better get ready for a life storm, because one is on its way for every person at some point in time, and being a member of the right or left is not going to help you survive it. Only God can over-ride all of it and get you through.....I wouldn't count on any finger-in-the-wind politician whose only concern is the next election to save me in a worst life crisis.