View Single Post

Old 02-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Why are STREET legal vehicles, electric ONLY, I understand that the electric is the "new fuel". BUT here in the Villages, electric is not the "power" of choice because of "range"....Street legal is desirable for us because routes are more direct also more accessable to some shopping areas....You know that gas in a golf cart is realllly NOT an issue...Our friend fills up her golf cart (approx. 5 gallons) and it lasts all month....How can that NOT be better than getting in a car.... Besides has anybody taken a pencil to how much it costs to use an electric cart in a month?
I think that electric is the power of choice in The Villages, not gas. Many people prefer electric because the carts aren't noisy and don't smell. My golf cart goes 60 miles on a charge.

If there were a market for gas street-legal golf carts, you can bet that someone would be making them. gongoozler has confirmed in the post "some states have now outlawed gas golf carts completely (you can keep an existing one but may not purchase new gas carts)."