View Single Post

Old 02-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

I am a very political person and believe it is not only our right to be involved but our duty to be involved. I have very strong opinions on politics. In the past, I was EXTREMELY involved in politics.

Having said that...I have lived in The Villages for over 10 years. In those 10 years, I have NEVER, NOT ONE TIME...ever heard anything political except at a gathering that was designated as a political gathering.....NOT ONE TIME. Of course there are remarks made concerning ANY political party in power...that is the way it is and always has been....if that concerned you then you should move every 4 to 8 years to escape it.

I will add....I was EXTREMELY involved in politics prior to coming to Florida in the Democratic party....I am now a Republican. I have NEVER lived anywhere where the paper did not show bias one way or another. I have lived where I was in the majority and I have lived where I was in the minority relative to political views. I have NEVER been subject to anything remotely close to anything that I would consider even uncomfortable as a result of my political views or the views of others.

It seems to me that someone who is using the political leanings of the community to decide where to live is being extremely shallow !