View Single Post

Old 02-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Snoopy, TOTV is a great forum, but not necessarily an accurate image of TV. I flinched at some of the comments made in this thread. Sadly, they weren't mean comments; they were just comments about being conservative and being happy that their friends and neighbors are as well (said in different ways, but that was the message I got).

Most of my friends here are (dare I say it???) Republicans. They know my viewpoints -- I can't keep my mouth shut to save my life. They love me anyway and I love them. The one thing that has been said that I totally agree with is don't let the political persuasion of the developer or even the majority here be a reason to not choose The Villages.

True, Democrats don't get to speak in the town squares, but they do in cities close to here, so we can hear all viewpoints. The Daily Sun is a great paper to find out daily activities. Otherwise, I read the Wall Street Journal. There is an active Democrat Club.

Should your political bent really be a factor whether or not to live here? Not really. It should be a consideration, but not a true factor. I put it in the same categories as Florida bugs -- they're around and a slight nuisance (especially the dang lovebugs) but nothing major in my day-to-day life. Hopefully, if you decide TV is the place for you, you'll have much the same attitude.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein