View Single Post

Old 02-13-2011, 07:31 AM

I think I would be fine in summer. I actually like hot and sticky weather. Michigan just doesn't get enough of it for my liking. I figure it like this.... In Michigan, we live indoors for most of the year in heat. In Florida, you live in air conditioning but the mornings and evenings are glorious. Of the two, I would rather be having to live with air conditioning.

Just to torment myself, I sometimes look at the recreation schedule for the day and think about what fun activity I could be doing. Also at the Lifelong College offerings to see what I might like to take.

I think when I get to the Villages, I am going to need to really pace myself or I could end up in the hospital with exhaustion!

I am not a golfer but it is never to late to learn. My dad never golfed until he retired at 62 and then fell in love with it and golfed at least 3 times a week.

I love sewing and quilting, playing scrabble, pickleball sounds interesting, jazzercise, line dancing sounds like a ball also and anything else I can stick my nose into. I also look at the available clubs, bird watching, kayaking, gardening, how can anyone be bored down there?

I have always had friends of all ages and actually have preferred to be friends with those older than myself. They always had so much to offer that I could learn from.

One of the best things I ever heard was from a gal well into her 80's that when she got up in the morning, before she set her feet on the floor, would ask herself what she was going to accomplish that day. Don't you just love it? I sure did.

It isn't a case of if I live in the Villages, it is WHEN I live in the Villages. Before I ever visited, people used to ask me why I wanted to move there. I told them I loved the concept.

I am working on figuring out if I can afford a second mortgage right now. Not sure I can but you never know. If not, my dream will just have to wait a while longer and I am holding on tightly to that dream!