View Single Post

Old 02-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
We have a designer with a huge yard and I want to downsize but my hubby doesn't. Our yard needs constant care. When we moved in over two years ago we spent $10,000 on landscaping; now we have to have the grass cut, fertilized, aerated, fed, as well as tons of pesticides poured on it. The sprinklers seem to need adjustment all the time. The shrubs need to be trimmed, flower beds planted each year and new mulch replaced each spring. I was a gardener up north but the Summer's are too hot for me to enjoy gardening. The whole shebang is expensive and tiresome. My dream home is a CYV where my little doggie can roam and I'll have a Koi pond with a very small patch of grass. There is a lot of freedom in decluttering and keeping things simple. Oh, we do have a lot of repeat company because we have made their stay here a first class hotel experience. That too makes me grumpy. OK I'm glad I got that off my chest.
D'sMom... I sooo agree with you. I bought a 2000sq ft+ designer because I thought I would have a lot of visitors from up north... Guess what,,, In 2 years, no one has come... so here I am, cleaning, weeding, fixing, painting, cleaning, weeding, fixing, painting.... My dream is to have a lovely corner lot CYV so the puppies and I can enjoy my life here in TV and not worry about cleaning and I can have more time for dancing and socializing...

I'm searching for one now but most of my friends think I won't be happy in a smaller place with no view. I'm willing to try it. Plus I think it will cut my expenses in 1/2.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....