View Single Post

Old 02-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

It was about 3 weeks ago that we were scheduled to have our Comcast TV & Internet installed. We were scheduled for between 8-12AM. After 4PM and no show I called Comcast to complain about the no show.

Fortunately, with numerous numbers you can call and with some being an exercise in futility, I managed to get and call the right number. They gave me to a supervisor who told me that somehow the appointment never got onto the schedule and she would try and see if they could get someone there ASAP.

Fortunately they found someone who was just finishing up their last appointment for the day and he relunctantly agreed to take on our installation before heading home. I say relunctantly because he was afraid I would I would give him grief when he got here. When he did get here, 5 hours after the appointed time, I told him what was said and laughingly told him to tell his supervisor that I did gave him hell for the mess up. I also gave him a decent tip for taking on the additional work.

BTW, Comcast offers a $20 credit if they fail to make their appointment on time. Without even asking they indicated, when I was complaining that they would give me that credit. Since that installation, we've had no problems with the service what-so-ever.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"