View Single Post

Old 02-14-2011, 07:29 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by california dreamer View Post
oh my gosh! thanks for the info. I was hoping to find people who are actually renting out their properties so thanks for the information.
We may just pay cash for a home in TV (we don't like debt). So in that case, with all the utilities, HOA, taxes, insurance, rental management fees, etc; is there a chance we can still come out even or better than even??? I'm thinking of a home around $150k or less.
And so we would have to have the home rented for 6 mos in order to avoid high taxes, is that right? I am hoping we would use it ourselves, during low season, for 2-4 wks in the year.
I am looking at all options to how we can be home owners in TV. From just dreaming to making it a reality.
TOTV is the best!
When I bought my patio villa I was thinking of renting out during high season. Wife and I decided being landlords from a distance and the fact that we wanted also to be there in High Season. For us it was not worth renting it out. Being Honest, the use of the villa and the get away has been worth the loss of rental income. Just my thoughts