View Single Post

Old 02-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

[quote=same;330864]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post

I struck out (not to my surprise, I will admit) with my request to the Moffitt Center for the details about its arrangements with the Developer. However, a little transparency would be nice since Moffitt is asking for our donations. Certainly, the misrepresentations in the Daily Sun and the Developer's attempt to shake down the American Cancer Society / Relay for Life certainly should cause one to be a little suspicious about what is going on.
Clarification: Moffitt is NOT "asking for our donations" as you mentioned above. It's the developer's health organization who are asking for donations to the fund they own and control, and in turn, the developer will own all of the medical apparatus that you paid for and is housed in the building that the developer will be leasing to Moffitt. Your donations are paying for equipment that the developer will own and profit from it's use. Moffitt will own NOTHING on the Sharon Morse site for Moffitt.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney