View Single Post

Old 02-15-2011, 01:40 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I learned this afternoon that donating to "The Mission For Moffitt" apparently does not benefit Moffitt Cancer Center. This saddens me.

I've been conflicted about donating. I like that Moffitt will be on campus. Donating to it appeals to me. However, it did concern me that Relay for Life reportedly would not be allowed on campus unless it split donations with the developer's fund raising effort. Some TOTVers seemed to think that the donations would not actually benefit Moffitt. That would concern me even more, except I thought it unlikely.

Like Cabo, I felt Ritchie is too biased a source. Ditto The Daily Sun. So, on Feb. 9, I emailed these questions to Michelle Foley of Moffitt Center:

1. Will the outcome of the fund-raising effort for the equipment effect Moffitt's decision to locate within The Villages?
  2. Will Villagers' donations for the equipment financially benefit the Moffitt organization in any way? If so, how?
  3. Will Moffitt's costs to locate within The Villages be reduced in any way as a result of the fund raising effort?
After asking time to check with "our general counsel", Ms. Foley responded this afternoon as follows:
"Hi Phyllis, the answer is no to all of your questions. Please let me know if you need anything else."

So, does this mean that by donating to "The Mission for Moffitt," we would be buying merchandise for the developer, that he will turn around and lease for profit at no cost to him? Is this possible? Is the fund-raising justified if Moffitt won't benefit and if it will have no impact on Moffitt locating in TV? In what sense is it a charitable donation if the funds raised don't benefit Moffitt?

Cabo? Russ? GG?
Phyllis... In response to your queries to Moffitt, it becomes obvious that the answer is NO, NO, and a resounding NO. I feel that the folks are starting to understand the developer's "game plan" which I just explained in another post.

Moffit will have NO control over the building the developer is LEASING TO Moffitt. The developer is pulling a fast one for his own profit by this donation plan so that he can buy this hi-tech equipment with the donated funds, own outright this equipment (not Moffitt nor the donors) and lease this equipment as well to Moffitt. Moffitt is not receiving ANY monies from those donations and the only one asking for the donations is the developer, NOT MOFFITT, and the developer will OWN this lucrative equipment with the donations as well as reap the rewards of the income this equipment will create. Yes, it's all a huge scam with many loopholes I would imagine where the developer is using these donors for his and his only profit AND WITH THE DONORS MONEY. Get the picture? So shameful and the worse part of it is that these well-intended donors don't seem to understand the scam the developer has going.

AND, this is not the first time that the developer has knowing misappropriated funds due the residents' budget to maintain the common grounds. Referring to the law suit the POA initiated AND WON! Then the final fau pau (sp?) was when the developer kicked out the ACS Relay for Life....proof of the lack of integrity the developer so blatently displays!!

TRUST THE POA; they are your friends. It's all about greed like our government leaders, we must learn who's our friend and who's our foe here in TV as well. Sad....but true.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney