View Single Post

Old 02-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Platinum member

Manabout, I totally agree with you about "happy" and "unhappy" people. Every now and then (even in The Villages!) I'll run into somebody I think of as a "joysucker" -- you know the type. They'll walk into a room (or onto a golf course) and just suck all the joy out of it. I'm not talking about people who are having a particularly difficult time, and are in need of our love and compassion. I'm talking about the people who just seem to be incredibly angry about everything, all the time.

This next part may seem to be off topic, but bear with me for a minute. I had to visit the urgent care facility a few weeks ago. In the waiting room they had Fox news (with sound!). In the examination rooms they also had a TV with Fox news (with sound!) I was curious about having tv's in the examination rooms, because the blood pressure person watched it while she pumped up my blood pressure cuff. (Pay attention to me!) The program that was on was a controversial one (Glenn Beck), so I thought hmmm... If you like this program, you'll get excited and your blood pressure will go up, and if you don't like this program, you'll get excited and your blood pressure will go up... My blood pressure was the highest it's ever been! The doctor said it was caused by the Sudafed, but I'm not so sure.

And on that note, I debated about sharing this link I found. It is not meant to be political. I found it to be interesting, and maybe some of you will, too. Please, folks, don't get angry with me. I'm just sharing what I found: http://www.frumforum.com/fox-geezer-syndrome

Do you really think watching television can change us from being happy people to being unhappy people?
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida