View Single Post

Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Just wondering why nobody is discussing the President's budget ?????? Only the new Republicans...it is interesting that we have been suckered into the political game being played in Washington and play it on this forum !

VK is correct, but as always is silent on the President !!!
Lordy, Bucco, you've been transfixed on President Obama since before he was elected. But guess what, he was elected, and he is our President. if you don't like him, don't vote for him in 2012. He hasn't even begun to campaign for re-election in 2012. You've never stopped campaigning against him, even after he soundly won election to the office he ran for. At some point, maybe you'll realize that the election is over and a new POTUS can't be elected until 2012.

In the meantime, why don't we discuss who really is responsible for the various bad situations this country finds itself in. The President plays an important role, no doubt. But he can't do a thing without the authority and money provided by the Congress. He can't go to war, he can't create stimulus programs, he can't invent and install ObamaCare, he can't tax, he can't either create or cost the country even one job...he can't do any of that stuff without the legislation and funding created by the House and the Senate.

So when I'm critical of those who have campaigned for election based on certain principles and then fail to deliver on them. I focus my criticism on those in Washington who actually have the authority and responsibility to create laws that control fiscal issues. That's not the President.

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that President Obama hasn't proposed anything in his recent "budget proposal" that is inconsistent with what he campaigned on. That is significantly different--so far at least--from those that sought election because they promised fiscal reform. Now that they haven't delivered, you damn bethcha that's who I'll be critical of.