View Single Post

Old 02-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
... It does not concern me. .
I'm curious why it doesn't concern you. The man who has been charged with these crimes is in control of your community and will be for a while. If any person is found guilty of any felony, would not all of their activities be suspect?
Maybe I'm wrong.

If a guilty verdict is returned, fines are the most likely outcome, but! One state official was quoted as saying, "this is the largest case of this kind in the history of the state." And, it was reported that there were undercover agents on this case for two years. I'm thinking that there is a possibility that the state is going to make this a real example to others. Perhaps telegraphing that regardless of how much money you have, you can't come to our state and do this, and that you can't buy your way out. If they are found guilty, the state will want to "punish" them. Even a $5,000,000 fine is not punishment to some.

Having said all of that. I hope it's all been a gigantic misunderstanding and the parties are not guilty. I don't want to think that the family that has been held in such high esteem would do anything like this.

JLK