View Single Post

Old 02-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Platinum member

Maybe it's sunspots? Seriously.
I received this email from Spaceweather.com :

"MAJOR FLARE: Earth-orbiting satellites have detected the strongest solar flare in more than four years. At 0156 UT on Feb. 15th, giant sunspot 1158 unleashed an X2-class eruption. X-flares are the strongest type of x-ray flare, and this is the first such eruption of new Solar Cycle 24. The explosion that produced the flare also sent a solar tsunami rippling through the sun's atmosphere and, more importantly, hurled a coronal mass ejection toward Earth. This raises the possibility of geomagnetic storms in the days ahead. Visit http://spaceweather.com for images and updates."

I tried to post a link (sorry Hosts), but couldn't find this description at the website. My Comcast has been acting up during the past few weeks, and that's when the sunspot activity started. I lose the sound occasionally, or the picture gets all 'pixillated'.

On the other hand, I was ready to get a Wii so I could try Netflix (I love Dance Party!), but now I think I'll wait until all you good tech-savvy folks get the problem resolved - or the sun stops sending out CMEs. If there's ever a problem with electronic gizmos, I've had the problem....
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida