View Single Post

Old 02-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
We keep Morse in the picture because Morse put himself squarely in the picture. When we were first told of the "donation" of the land and building, it wasn't being done by CFHA, the land and building came directly from the developer and was touted as such. Yes, the money received for the Moffitt Center is going into a charitable fund but there seems to be a lot of secrecy as to who is in charge of the funds, including how the distributions will ultimately go, who will be in charge of the distributions, etc. When I asked at the office in LSL, I was told it would be decided by the "committee." When I asked who was on the committee, I was told it hadn't yet been decided. Would at least one member of the Morse family be on this committee and, if so, who -- I was ushered out the door since I was obviously against a cancer center being built here and I should be ashamed of myself! HUH???

Whether we like it or not, the Morse family pretty much has its finger in every pie in TV. I sincerely doubt there is one decision made here that is not approved by someone in the family. They've worked too hard to build this community the way they want it to be (which is not saying it isn't a good thing) and that's not going to change regardless of any changes the residents want.
Yes I understand that but, correct me if I'm wrong, the equipment to be purchased will be property of CFHA. Yes? And if so how would Morse, other than renting the property, receive any direct financial benefit? Of course there is indirect financial benefit promoting TV etc but that is why any business gets recruited to TV.