View Single Post

Old 02-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Sage

Even though I'm an avid golfer I would never make a decision about my retirement community based just on that. But if that is a deal breaker then maybe you have to do some math.

The villages 'free' golf costs $135 per month plus that $200 you mentioned if you want to ride. Plus you'd need to own your own golf cart or rent one. And this is only for executive golf. Regulation length golf would still cost you another $25 or so per round.

Most people feel that homes in TV are higher priced than other 'retirement' communities so you could save some cash there as well.

The point is that you are going to 'pay' for golf in some form.

TV, for us, is so much more than the opportunity to play golf. That $135 per month pays for executive golf, pickleball, tennis, water VB, lap swimming, billiards, cards etc. Not to mention the miles and miles of roads and paths to run, walk and bike. You can take your golf cart for lunch, shopping or just fun.

You can golf anywhere and even probably find something for your golf price range but to my knowledge you won't find TV anywhere else.

Best of luck!