View Single Post

Old 02-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Russ, I honestly have no clue how much money the Morses will ultimately make from this deal. That they will make money is a given. They are good businessmen and it would be dumb to not make money out of this deal. That they would lie to and basically bully TVers to get the necessary funding is the issue.

I always thought that TV-Moffitt was, has been and is more of an ego thing -- why should Leesburg get a Moffitt Center and not TV? Yes, it will be great advertising to say that a major cancer center has an affiliate on TV grounds, but I honestly think that is but a small part of it. I think it is the status and I'd be seriously surprised if TV-Moffitt wasn't up and running before Leesburg-Moffitt.

The Morses will make a nice profit on the lease of the "donated" property. I'm sure that if we dig deep enough, we can find a direct connection between CFHA and the Morses, but why bother? They more than have a right to be affiliated with CFHA, both the CFHA Company and CFHA, Inc. -- they are an integral part TV's hospital and, thus, CFHA. Their making a profit is not the issue (at least not to me). It's the lying, the greed, the arrogance.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein