View Single Post

Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajakk View Post
Yes, CFHA has nothing to do with the fund drive. CFHA is the parent company for Leesburg Hospital and The Village Health System, which is doing the fundraising. Morse is very much involved with The Villages Regional Hospital Foundation Inc. I don't keep putting him in the picture, he did that himself by conspiring to mislead people who believe he would look out for their best interests.

Known corporate affiliations. Click on a circle, it's interactive. Provided by Whalen

http://www.corporationwiki.com/graph...px?id=14993004
The Villages Regional Hospital System, it's Foundation and parent organization(CFHA) are all legitimate not for profit entities. Contributions to any of these are generally tax deductible to the donors. Their literature indicates they have embarked on a cooperative effort with Moffitt Cancer Centers(also a not for profit.) If a Morse is involved with one of these entities he most likely serves as an unpaid director or trustee. Not for profits have limitations on payments to such officials and as I recall they are limited to out of pocket expenses of the receiving party related to travel/attendance costs. The boards of the organizations have a fiduciary duty to see that expenses including rent payments are reasonable( usually defined as at market) even if the lessor is associated in some way with the organization. A director/trustee involved in such a leasing arrangement should abstain from voting to approve such a transaction. At this point I see nothing that would lead me to believe that this is not an effort that villagers should support. Of course we are all free to decide which projects we will contribute to, but much of the criricism that I read in the TOTV seems to relate to a dislike of a Morse and not the value of the project. If my understanding of the situation is not accurate, I would be happy to hear from others. However please don't impune my motive in posting here. We've heard enough of that.