View Single Post

Old 02-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldj1938 View Post
I think that you can DSL without paying for the telephone service on Century Link. Believe I read that on one of their pubs. Call them b4 you cancel. DSL is the best! Comcast sure is a mess.
I have 3 services for Internet access; Roadrunner in our NY home, Comcast here in TV and Verizon DLS at our camp near our NY home. IMHO and experience, I think the following about each:

Roadrunner comes in numero uno. Easy to contact and have gotten satisfactory support and quick response when needed.
Comcast comes in second. Admittedly we haven't had them that long, but so far (knock-on-wood) no real problems except trying to figure who to call or what phone numbers to use. Time though will tell me more!
Verizon DSL comes in last. I wouldn't call the DSL performance that bad, but I find that it is slower than either cable company. And for technical support... that's what really drops them to last. Any time I've needed support it's fustratingly taken me quite a while on the phone to go through their standard routine, support requiring technician action has literally taken days and their service down time could be measured in hours but fortunately does not occur as often as it did in our first year. They're improving in that area.

I don't know if this would all hold true in this area, but as I indicated... this is based on my experience only and others may have experienced otherwise! The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"