View Single Post

Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Sage

Personally, I don't take the responses to a negative restaurant post as taking the poster to task for writing it. Posts that relate a positive experience at a place where someone had a negative one, to me, simply imply that experiences may vary by time of day, day of week, etc. As someone pointed out above, if I see a lot of negative posts and only a few positive ones, I may think twice about going to that place. But if I see posts the other way, I will try the place to see for myself. Anyone's experience at a place will be colored by their prior experiences and expectations. For example, my son is an executive chef at a fine dining restaurant. Certainly his expectations of food and service are different from mine.

Certainly we all like to see our decisions or experiences "validated" by others, whether it be moving to TV, dining at a particular place, buying a certain car. But it doesn't mean we are right (or wrong). I think people should feel free to post their thoughts on a restaurant, and should not feel they are under assault when someone posts a contrary experience.