Thread: Golf car range
View Single Post

Old 02-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
I have had a electric Club cart since 2003, its been a great cart, but have replaced the batteries twice in the past three years ($800.00 plus each time). I purchased a new Yamaha gas cart from Carts & Clubs in Ocala in October and I'm glad I did! I kept the electric for a second cart, but because the Villages is getting so big I think gas is the way to go.

I find it hard to understand the problem with your batteries unless you weren't servicing them regularly and keeping the water at the proper level using distilled water.

Also, I have a guy who'll replace the batteries with the preferred Trojan battery and the cost is just about $600. My second cart was pre-owned and I started fresh with new batteries.

If anybody needs an excellent golf cart mechanic specializing in Club Cars who comes to your home meticulously clean and driving a meticulously clean truck and shop trailer and won't rip you off with unnecessary repairs, and also advise you on preventive maintenance, I can put you in touch with a great guy.