View Single Post

Old 02-20-2011, 02:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
Being the daughter of two teachers and the wife of a member of IBEW, I am solidly with the protestors in Wisconsin. Teacher salary in this country is a disgrace for the educational requirements and the crap they have to take from kids, parents and administration. They are forced to teach for the test now and have kids who don't want to learn, parents who don't give a damn and no money for their classroom supplies. Underpaid and overworked in a system that lacks real education, and now the governor wants to take away the only perk they have, benefits. What he really wants to do is bust the unions and make no mistake about it, they have lifted wages and benefits from the crapper for all of us, union or no. Everybody in the middle class owes them a huge debt because they futhered all of us. Do you really want our kids and grandkids to go back to the days of low wages, poor benefits and no retirement?
Look, I know government entities are strapped right now and nobody has the balls to say we need to raise taxes, but these aren't the people that we need to go after.
Here in Il.we have over 3000 teachers getting pensions above 100k a year plus cola"s and free insurance. Our band teacher at the local high school makes 130k and free Insurance.I think they are paid very well here and I hope we do wht Wi. is doing.The free ride for them and public employees is over.Its time they pay for some of their benifits and pension.Why should they be treated any different from people in the private sector They are no different then anybody else and its time for elected officials to stand up to them unlike the dem's in Wis who are affraid to lose some of their base.I hope The Gov in Wis follows in Regan's foot steps and warns them and if they do not return fire them.I for the life of me can't understand why people can't see that you have to live within your means.Were surrounded by fools that have not done that their whole life and expect goverment to do the same.Its easy to see were that has got us.We must pay as we go not put on it future generations as we have in the past for no reason other then greed