View Single Post

Old 02-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Default Dittow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsie52 View Post
Yes, what hidden costs?
Raen Dear

You are doing the right thing --asking questions here !! you will get many view points.. So let me add mine

We bought new (Buttonwood) couldnt be happier, especially because we arrived here in late Oct --before the winter rolled in up North.

We had no hidden costs --everything that was asked for was listed months before when we signed the contract .We have been here almost 4 months and have found nothing that surprised us other than how quickly the days go by----

Buttonwood or the next few new areas are not in the boonies. Within a few years we feel these areas will be central to both Lake Sumter and Brownwood

Paying the bond off for us was a wait and see --people will tell you lots of Villagers move 3 times within the Villages for one reason or another . If you are going to move why pay off the bond ? We will decide in a year or so .

Title insurance !! Peace of mind .. we took it on on advice from a friend up north who was a Title company Vice president ---he told us very few claims for ownership of the property are ever overturned but many are contested. The insurance company has to defend the case for you. No insurance you are on your own --again will it happen --? dont think so .. but I can sleep better becaue my wife isnt asking me what if ??

Good luck[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of the above - we did rent for a month - but bought in two weeks. We will be snow birds for awhile by choice - we are in Buttonwood for the reasons stated above and have not paid our bond off for the reasons stated above. Our bond on a designer home corner lot is just under 20K.

All of the plusses of living here full or part time outweigh everything else. As I have said before - less than 1 year ago I firmly believed I would not leave Western Mass for anyting more than a vacation. I miss my kids and grandchildren, however, they are surviving without me and SKYPE is wonderful. All will be visiting before we leave for the summer.

We have had more fun and been more active physically and socially in the past 6 weeks than in the past 6 years. The pros far outweigh any cons.