Thread: I am furious
View Single Post

Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Sorry about that.However as a retired Catholic school teacher,there are many many fine priests. Cannot tell you how many fine deeds over the years. Seems lots of people love to "bash" the catholic church.
I'm sorry you see this as "bashing the Catholic church." Are you saying that this is acceptable or perhaps routine behavior in the Church? Where did this priest get the idea that this is okay? Did he make it up himself, or is it under the direction of the Diocese.

I may be blinded in my current anger, but I can't find any justification for an ordained priest to turn his back on the request of a dying woman. I can't even think of the right words to describe how I feel about his rejection of the request to help this poor soul. Her son and his family will never set foot in a Catholic Church again.

Did Jesus every check parish ID cards?????????????????

For the record, I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic grade school, Catholic high school, served hundreds of masses as an altar boy and even gave serious consideration to being a priest. At this moment, I'm glad I didn't follow through on that.

Is there any wonder why membership in the church is declining, why there is a shortage of priests, almost no nuns and churches closing and consolidating. A church can't grow by turning people away.

JLK