View Single Post

Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
There are always some who will be negative. Not just about moving here, but about you moving anywhere. The reality is there is only person you need to please (well, two if you're married) and that's YOU. Your kids, if any, are grown and living their own lives. Your friends will either be thrilled you've found a place that you know suits you and the life you want to live or hate that you're leaving them. If they're truly friends, they'll be happy for you regardless. Family will get over it if they care about you once they see how happy you are.

As strange as it sounds, I recommend you read Leisureville -- at least the first few chapters. The author is under the illusion that his older neighbors owe it to his village to stay there to help raise his kids. The reality is his neighbors owe him nothing, just as you owe neighbors, co-workers, friends and family nothing. You have the right to enjoy your life, so go for it! Live here, invite them down to visit, have fun and let those who are bitter enjoy their lives however they choose to live them.
Redwitch...thank you for putting it all in perspective. You are absolutely right...the only ones we have to please is ourselves (hubby & I). Given the opportunity, my kids would move in a heartbeat and not think twice about leaving us in NJ. And that is fine...they have their own lives to lead but so do we. I've said the same to my friends who think we're "rushing" and should take another year or so to decide. But none of us know what the future holds and we deserve to be happy for as long as God will allow us. And happiness for us right now is moving to TV and enjoying a new, fun and more active lifestyle!