View Single Post

Old 02-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Sage

When hubby mentioned living in TV, I was the one that said, "I don't want to be living with all those old folks!" Ah, little did I know. A visit to the compound when in FL visiting our kids was all it took. I was the one that said, "I want to live here." We've owned our home almost 5 years now, lived here over 4.

Well, there can be bugs, don't forget about love bug season.....

We didn't get much resistance from friends, most of them had started their moves out of CA. Some east coast friends wondered why in the heck we picked Florida, and a retirement community to boot, but it's not really a retirement community, it's an place of opportunity, so much to do or relax, whatever you decide. There really is no convincing people unless they've visited. My sister owns a shop in MA and some of her customers are seasonal residents of TV. One day she and one of those customers were in the grocery store and sis was behind her part time Villager. The clerk was commenting on TV, saying it's just a retirement village, and of course our snowbird said "Nay, nay." The clerk said she had to be making this stuff up and my sister joined in the conversation. She had visited with us here not long before. "It's just as she says, it's wonderful, it's absolutely beautiful and it's nothing you could ever imagine." Thanks, Sis! All it takes is one little visit....